Information We Collect
Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us
When you access or use our website, we may automatically collect information about you, your computer or device, including:
- Computer/Device Information: We may collect computer/device specific information when you use the website (such as your hardware model, operating system version, a unique identifier for your device and MAC address).
- Log Information: We log information that your web browser sends whenever you visit a website, which may include your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type and language, which pages you visit on the website, and how much time you spend on each page, access times, pages viewed, number of clicks, domain names, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Cookies and Web Beacons
JAB uses “cookies.” A cookie is a very small text file stored on a website user’s hard disk that allows a web server to recall certain information that the user has already entered previously. Various versions of Web browsers allow you to decide whether or not to accept cookies and some programs notify you when a website is about to deposit a cookie on your hard drive. By using the website and setting your Internet or web browser, computing or communications equipment, or another application or program to accept cookies, you agree and consent to storage and access of cookies received from the website or our equipment on your computing or communications equipment. If you decide not to accept cookies, you may not be able to successfully navigate some portions of the website.
Analytics and Third Party Tools
When you visit our website, we may make statistical analyses of your browsing behavior. We use the Google Analytics website analytics service to help us to do this statistical analysis and improve your website experience. Google Analytics gathers derivative generated by your technological device, for example a browser or mobile phone. This data may include your browser, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, and information about how and when you visit our website. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics tracking you can use their tool here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information and automatic information to provide our services to you or your organization, and as requested by you or as described at a point of collection of Personal Information. We may also use your Personal Information and automatic information to continually monitor and improve the website and for internal analyses. We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, and gather demographic or other information for aggregate use. We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
Network Statistics: We collect general statistics on all traffic flowing through our network.
Information from Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our website.
Our Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- We share Personal Information and automatic information to provide services to you or your organization.
- We may share the Personal Information you provide with our affiliates and/or third-party business partners that are acting on our behalf. They have access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, with third parties. For example, we may share aggregate usage and volume statistical information regarding the website with our partners or third parties.
In addition to the circumstances described above, we may disclose your Personal Information if (i) required to do so by law, court order or subpoena, or as requested by other government, law enforcement or investigative authority, (ii) in our good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable including, without limitation, to protect the rights or properties of the website, our company, or third parties, (iii) we have reason to believe that disclosing the Personal Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, or has breached an agreement, or (iv) anyone else could be harmed by such activities or interference.
In addition, in the event that we or any of our affiliates is acquired (whether by sale of assets or ownership interests) by or merged with a third party entity, or is engaged in a financing or similar transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign or share the information we have collected (including Personal Information) as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control or financing. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used and your Personal Information may be shared or transferred.
Our Legal Basis for Collecting, Using and Sharing Personal Information
- JAB needs to use your Personal Information to perform a contract or other transaction with you or your organization;
- You have given JAB permission to do so;
- Processing your Personal Information is in the legitimate interests of JAB;
- JAB is required to comply with applicable law or legal requirements or legal process, such as a subpoena.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Security of Your Personal Information
JAB maintains safeguards which include technical and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized use, access, inadvertent disclosure, alteration, and destruction, and we require the third parties we contract with to support our business operations to employ reasonable security measures.
Please note that no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
By using the website or providing information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the website.
Our website and our services are only intended for adults. We do not seek to serve anyone under the age of 21.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the contact information below. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verifiable parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Contact Our Data Protection Officer
Attn: Rob Day
Jack’s Abby Brewing, LLC.
100 Clinton Street
Framingham, MA 01702
Other individuals may handle the day-to-day collection and processing of Personal Information. The Data Protection Officer or Jack’s Abby management may designate other individuals within the company to perform the Data Protection Officer’s responsibilities.